Most of us are probably sick and tired of all the inaugural festivities before they even begin. But if you still have the energy, the lack of plans, and a desire to keep local, what are you to do? Well GM has identified three Georgetown balls (well, two Georgetown balls and one “Georgetown” ball) that you might be interested in. Find out more after the jump:
Georgetown Inaugural Gala
The first ball in question is called the Georgetown Inaugural Gala. This event will be held within the Shops at Georgetown and is being sponsored by B.B. Productions. The website promises music from the Old White Grand Piano and “Washington, DC’s finest harpist”.
- Cost: $125 General Admission, $195 VIP – “Distinguished Guest”
- Special Offering: The Buffalo Soldiers and their well adorned ladies
- Chance of Obama showing up: zero
The Georgetown Inaugural Ball
From the group that everyone loves to hate, Late Night Shots, comes the Georgetown Inaugural Ball. Or rather it should be called the “Georgetown” Inaugural Ball seeing as it doesn’t have any discernable connections to Georgetown. It’s located at Shadowroom (21st and K) in Foggy Bottom. It’s sponsored by a group of mostly non-Georgetowners whose connection to the neighborhood seems to be limited only to frequent attendence at two bars. So, you know, whatever.
- Cost: A bargain at $80, with reserved tables in a sliding scale up to $1000
- Special Offering: One of those floozies from the unfortunately upcoming “Blond Charity Mafia” plus a bunch of dudes with last-name-first-names like Winston, Fletcher, and Trenholm
- Chance of Obama showing up: Less than zero
Georgetown University Inaugural
According to Vox Populi, Georgetown University is hosting its own inaugural ball on campus. It’s sponsored by the student groups: NAACP, Women in Politics, GUSA, SOCA, CMEA and the Center for Student Programs, and it’s to located at the Leo J. O’Donovan Dining Hall. Dress is “Formal”.
- Price: $5, a steal even on a college kid’s budget
- Special Offering: Hmmm, convenience?
- Chance Obama will show up: zero point zero