While 2009 is nearly done, there are still plenty of new year’s eve options available out and about in Georgetown. So chill the bubbly and check out GM’s list below.
Any discussion about new year’s eve in Georgetown must start with perennial aud lang syner Ahmad Jamal at Blues Alley. There are two shows that night, one at 6:30 and one at 10:00. Neither is cheap; the early show is $110 a person, the later show is $160 a person. Both types of tickets come with a dinner and free non-alcoholic drinks. The later show provides hats, noisemakers, and free champagne.
If, however, you’re looking for a truly decadent and extravagant new year’s, there’s just one option: Citronelle. They’re offering a “gourmand 6 course” prix fixe dinner. It’s a mere $300 per person. If you want wine with that, it’s only $150 more per person! Another reason to go? It may be your last chance to ring in the new year at the legendary restaurant since it may close in 2010.
Another popular choice in Georgetown will be the new George nightclub. George is a semi-private nightclub that recently opened in the Georgetown Billiards space on Prospect St. It was created by Late Night Shots founders Reed Landry and Hunter Campbell and K St. Club owner David Chung. The new year’s party will be hosted by none other than Chris Cooley and Ryan Zimmerman. Tickets are $125 and include an open bar, hors d’oeuvres, and champagne.
If George is adequately preppy for you, but a bit pricey, you’ll probably be happy sticking with Smith Point for open bar, champagne and DJ for only $60.
If you own more pairs of leather pants than pairs of boat shoes, you may be interested in Mate’s new year’s eve party. They’re offering table service for $350.
If these options don’t appeal to you, here are some more ideas:
- Mie N Yu – $10 cover – Includes champagne toast and DJ.
- Bistrot Francais – $55 prix fix dinner and champagne toast.
- Bourbon Steak – $80 prix fix four course dinner at 5:30 pm and a $175 prix fix six course dinner at 8:30 with a champagne toast.
- Cafe Milano – $125 prix fix dinner with sparkling wine toast.
- The Guards – No cover with free champagne toast.
- Neyla – $85 prix fix with “party favors, music, dancing, bottle service, belly dancer.”
- Sea Catch – $75 prix fix four course dinner, which includes tax and tip.
So you have no excuse that there are no options around town to celebrate the end of the oughts.