3000 block of R St.
Photo by Tchamber236.
Good morning Georgetown, here’s the latest:
- If you’ve been holding out for a better price for Alexander Graham Bell’s old carriage house, that’s a good strategy.
- Hey, this isn’t really “news” but with spring basically arrived 2 months early, you might as well head up to Dumbarton Oaks and get the early spring display for free. Fees don’t start until mid March.
As GM foretold, yet another of the “suit shops” on the 1300 block of Wisconsin Ave. has closed. This one is Studio.
A sign says that the store has moved to 1251 Wisconsin, which is the former Reebok store. It’s not clear whether that is a permanent move, or just a temporary stay.
This leaves just two (or three if you count Riccardi, which is certainly in better physical shape than the others, but which also partakes of the skeezy “Going Out of Business” scam sales) inexpensive suit shops on this block. This is truly a sea change for that stretch of Wisconsin. Continue reading
The ANC will meet for its March meeting next Monday night (which will still be February, but whatever).
Some interesting things to note about the meeting:
- Jack Evans will be there
- An announcement about the proposed boathouses on the Potomac
- A presentation on the BID’s proposal to reconfigure Water St.
- It’s not on the agenda, but GM was under the impression that the BID will also be seeking the ANC’s endorsement of the gondola plan
Here’s the full agenda:
GOVERNMENT OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
Advisory Neighborhood Commission 2E
3265 S Street, NW • Washington, DC 20007
ANC 2E Public Meeting
Monday, February 27, 2017
at 6:30 p.m.
We will be meeting this month at the Georgetown Visitation School, 35th Street and
Volta Place NW, first building on left by gatehouse, in the Heritage Room on the 2nd floor.
Approval of the Agenda
Approval of February 27, 2017 ANC 2E Public Meeting Agenda
Approval of the January 30, 2017 Meeting Minutes
Administrative Continue reading