You may be nursing a bad back from shoveling out your front stoop, but GM sincerely hopes you were able to get out and enjoy the scenery this weekend. It was truly something special.
GM was out with his camera at about 11:00 Saturday morning and caught these shots:Vodpod videos no longer available.
Most stores were closed, obviously, but a handful of bars and taverns were open. GM saw Cafe Bonaparte, Martin’s, J. Paul’s, and Clyde’s. Oh, and Georgetown Cupcake. With a line. Good on ’em!
The snow took a long time to start accumulating, as this time elapsed shot out GM’s front window shows:Vodpod videos no longer available.
- While there are plenty of residents who did little to nothing to clear the sidewalk outside their home, businesses seemed to do an even worse job.
- It wouldn’t be economically viable all the time, but it was awfully nice to walk on M and Wisconsin and only see your neighbors strolling about.
- A snowplow got stuck in the snow on M St. Not a great sign.
- Someone left a Lexus with diplomatic plates mired in the middle of the intersection 30th and O St. Did they think the plates offered immunity from common sense?
- Who in DC just keeps cross country skis around?
How’d Snowmageddon treat you?