After GM had his say yesterday on the ANC, you can come next ANC meeting next Monday and see the ANC in action for yourself.
So what’s on tap? Unfortunately, not much. Five of the eight Old Georgetown Board items are residential, which can lead to heated discussions, but are rarely newsworthy. A good way to think of them is to view them as learning experiences as either how to or, more often, how not to go about doing home renovations.
As for the commercial matters, one thing jumps out to GM: Billy Reid, a high end clothing store, is moving into the space recently vacated by Riccardi at 3213 M St.
Another item GM noticed is that the new Thunder Grill, which installed a huge and ugly awning without any approvals, is getting reviewed by the Old Georgetown Board, but the ANC put it on the no-review calendar (they do that when they trust the OGB to make the aesthetic call).
There are a few ABC renewals, with Chadwicks, Modern, Rhino Bar, and Garrett’s all coming up, but GM doesn’t foresee any issue. Plus the interestingly named International House of Pong will make its first appearance.
Oh, and speaking of Garrett’s GM heard an interesting rumor the other day that it’s closing soon once its lease runs out.
Here’s the agenda:
GOVERNMENT OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
We will be meeting this month at the Georgetown Visitation School, 35th and Volta Place, Heritage Room, first building on left by gatehouse, 2nd floor.
AGENDA (view as pdf)
Approval of the Agenda
- Approval of November 1, 2010, ANC 2E Public Meeting Agenda
- Approval of October 4 Meeting Minutes
- Public Safety and Police Report
- Financial Report – Revised FY 2011 Budget
- Transportation Report
- Lawyers Have a Heart 10K – June 2011
- Possibility of allowing several parking spaces on the north side of Dent Place, 3400 block
Zoning and Planning
- 1687 32nd Street, NW, BZA No. 18143, Frederic Underwood and Blair Farr, Application for a special exception to allow a rear addition to an existing dwelling not meeting lot occupancy, side yard, lot dimension, and nonconforming requirements (Dec. 7)
[This month’s ABC agenda will be taken up after the Zoning and Planning/OGB agendas. Please refer to the end of this agenda for ABC matters.]
- SMD 03, 3535 O Street, NW, OG 11-015 (HPA 11-018), Residence, Window and siding replacement, alterations, Concept
- SMD 03, 3254 O Street, NW, OG 10-258 (HPA 10-462), Residence, Addition of 2nd floor to garage off alley, Concept
- SMD 05, 1031 30th Street, NW, OG 10-178 (HPA 10-316), Residence, Alterations, replacement front windows and door, rear deck, rooftop mechanical equipment, Permit – revised design
- SMD 05, 3066 M Street, NW, OG 10-253 (HPA 10-421), Commercial, Sign scheme, projecting sign and replacement front doors, Permit
- SMD 05, 3213 M Street, NW, OG 11-004 (HPA 11-007), Retail, Signs and projecting sign for Billy Reid, Permit/concept
- SMD 05, 3219 M Street, NW, OG 11-002 (HPA 11-005), Retail, Awning and signs for Camper, Permit
- SMD 06, 2914 P Street, NW, OG 11-012 (HPA 11-015), Residence, One-story rear addition and alterations, Concept
- SMD 02, 3240 Q Street, NW, OG 10-269 (HPA 10-478), Residence, Additions and alterations, Concept
No Review At This Time by ANC 2E: The following additional projects, which are on the upcoming June 3 agenda of the Old Georgetown Board, have not been added to the ANC meeting agenda for OGB-related design review and we do not propose to adopt a resolution on them at this time. If there are concerns about any of these projects, please contact the ANC office by Friday, October 29, 2010.
- SMD 02, 1626-1632 (rear) Wisconsin Avenue, NW, OG 10-206 (HPA 10-370), Residential, New construction of townhouses on 33rd St., Permit – revised design
- SMD 02, 3247 Q Street, NW, OG 11-016 (HPA 11-019), Office, Replacement windows, new window openings, Permit
- SMD 02, 3422 Dent Place, NW, OG 11-011 (HPA 11-014), Residence, Solar panels on roof, Permit
- SMD 02, 1514 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, OG 11-013 (HPA 11-016), Commercial, Solar panels on roof, Permit
- SMD 02, 1675 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, OG 11-008 (HPA 11-011), Retail, Replacement shop window on front bay and entry door, Permit
- SMD 03, 1513 33rd Street, NW, OG 10-193 (HPA 10-334), Residence, Alterations, dormers, partial demolition and two-story rear addition, Concept
- SMD 05, 1025 31st Street, NW, OG 10-244 (HPA 10-412), Commercial, Sign scheme for Zenobia Lounge – existing, Permit – revised design
- SMD 05, 1243 33rd Street, NW, OG 11-001 (HPA 11-004), Residence, Remove stucco, replace windows and door, Permit
- SMD 05, 3056 M Street, NW, OG 11-006 (HPA 11-009), Commercial, Awning for Thunder Burger and Bar and sign scheme, Permit – revised design
- SMD 05, 3150 M Street, NW, OG 10-218 (HPA 10-388), Commercial, Awnings and signs for Serendipity 3, front door, light fixtures, Permit/concept – revised design
- SMD 05, 3221 Cherry Hill Lane, NW, OG 10-175 (HPA 10-305), Residence, Alterations to front and rear for new openings, Permit
- SMD 05, 1041 Paper Mill Court, NW, OG 11-010 (HPA 11-013), Residence, New attic window on side wall, Permit
- SMD 05, 1238 Wisconsin Avenue, NW (a.k.a. 3203 Prospect Street, NW), OG 10-145 (HPA 10-261), Commercial, 2-story addition to replace one-story structure, Concept – revised design
- SMD 06, 1516 29th Street, NW, OG 10-270 (HPA 10-479), Residence, Partial demolition, 2-story rear addition, Concept – revised design
- SMD 06, 3062 Q Street, NW, OG 10-245 (HPA 10-413), Residence, 3rd story rear addition, alterations to rear, replacement windows, Concept – revised design
- SMD 06, 3036 P Street, NW, OG 10-279 (HPA 10-489), Residence, Replacement front door, Permit
- SMD 06, 1525 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, OG 10-278 (HPA 10-488), Mixed-use retail/residential 3-story rear addition, alterations to storefront, replacement windows, Permit
- SMD 07, 1527 26th Street, NW, OG 10-254 (HPA 10-451), Residence, 2-story rear addition, Concept – revised design
- SMD 07, 2913 Q Street, NW, OG 11-005 (HPA 11-008), Residence, Rear addition at 2nd floor level, alterations, Permit
- SMD 07, 3012 Cambridge Place, NW, OG 10-188 (HPA 10-329), Residence, Rear addition at 2nd fl level, alterations to 1st fl and basement, parking pad off alley, Concept – revised design
- SMD 07, 1825 and 1815 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, OG 11-009 (HPA 11-012), Retail, New building, alterations and addition of gateway, Concept design development – revised design
- SMD 07, 1644 31st Street, NW, OG 10-054 (HPA 10-106), Tudor Place, Master Preservation Plan, Concept – comments after site visit
- SMD 07, 1703 32nd Street, NW, OG 11-007 (HPA 11-010), Dumbarton Oaks, Addition to Orangery and skylight replacement, Concept
- SMD 07, 1607 31st Street, NW, OG 11-003 (HPA 11-006), Residence, Replacement fence, Permit
License renewal for the following establishment:
- 1218 Wisconsin Incorporated t/a Third Edition, License No. ABRA-000604, 1218 Wisconsin Ave. (petition date 11/15; hearing date 11/29)
The following establishments also have licenses that are up for renewal. They have not been added to the ANC meeting agenda for review and we do not propose to adopt a resolution on them at this time. If there are concerns about any of these projects, please contact the ANC office by Friday, October 29, 2010.
Letters of opposition or support must be filed on or before 11/15/10:
- Chowder House Incorporated t/a Chadwick’s, License No. ABRA-000927, 3205 K St (petition date 11/15; hearing date 11/29)
Letters of opposition or support must be filed on or before 11/22/10:
- 3827 M, LLC t/a Modern, License No. ABRA -076925, 3287 M St (petition date 11/22; hearing date 12/6)
- Woodward Bros., Inc. t/a Rhino-bar & Pumphouse, License No. ABRA-000523m 3295 M St (petition date 11/22; hearing date 12/6)
- Jour Et Nuit, Inc. t/a Garrett’s Restaurant, License No. ABRA 015721 (petition date 11/22; hearing date 12/6
Application for new license:
- Application for license by “International House of Pong,” 1010 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, ABRA No. 084905 (petition date Nov. 29, hearing date Dec. 13)