Every year the Washington City Paper conducts a reader poll to find out what the “Best of DC” is. Too often the readers poll ends up only identifying “The most patronized but not really that good” (Seriously, Ledo Pizza for best pizza? Come on.). So lets try to make sure some worthy Georgetown stores or restaurants don’t get overlooked.
So here’s GM’s quick list of Georgetown places he thinks rank among the best in DC in their respective categories. If you agree, go here and enter them in. If you have other ideas, throw them in the comments and try to get some votes headed their way.
There are a ton of categories, but GM’s being brutally honest by sticking to Georgetown places he truly thinks are the best in DC:
- Capital Crescent – Best Bike Trail
- Baked and Wired – Best Coffee Shop and Best Cupcake
- Pizzeria Paradiso – Best Craft Beer Selection (but who are we kidding, Church Key is the best)
- Dolcezza – Best Ice Cream Shop (technically not ice cream, but they should still qualify)
- Blues Alley – Best Jazz/Blues Venue and Best Place to Have Dinner With Live Music
- Pleasure Place – Best Place to Buy Fur Handcuffs (So GM’s told)
- Georgetown University – Best College
- Georgetown – Best Neighborhood for Shopping
- Montrose Park – Best Park
- Cafe Milano – Best Place to Find Famous People
- Bacchus Wine Cellar – Best Place to Buy Wine
- Fleurir Chocolates – Best Place to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
- Nancy Taylor Bubes – Best Real Estate Agent
So take a look at the full list, any other Georgetown venue you think is the best in the city?
3 responses to “Vote for Georgetown in the Best of DC Poll!”
I’m not sure why you belittle Ledo’s. To actual locals of this area, it has been considered a favorite for decades. I guess not everyone has the same sophisticated, new-wave taste buds that you do.
Stachowski Market & Deli – Best Charcuterie
How did I forget Stachowski’s?!