House Fire on P St.

The house at 3337 erupted into flames Saturday morning. It drew a huge response from the DC fire department. By the time it was out, it appears to have destroyed the entire interior of the house (at least the front rooms).

From what GM heard, it was an electric fire. Thankfully nobody was in the house at the time. GM heard from a neighbor that the residents were actually just coming home from a trip to California on Saturday.

Electrical fires always make GM nervous. All it takes is a wire chewed up by a curious mouse and some stray flammable materials and the whole house could be up in flames in minutes. Scary stuff.

One thing about fires in Georgetown though, it sure brings out all the neighbors:

It’s unfortunate that such a bad occasion needs to happen first, but it’s great to see people you’ve not seen in months.

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s