This week on Georgetown Time Machine, GM is visiting Krupsaw’s Antique. It was located 1420 Wisconsin Ave. The photo above, taken in 1965, is part of the DC Historical Society’s archives.
The shop is now the M & T Bank:
But it more famously was the home of Commander Salamander from 1977 until 2010:
Krupsaw’s Antique Shop in Georgetown was a branch of a much older and more famous location of the shop at 817 Pennsylvania Ave.:
This is a photo of the founder of the shop, Nathan Krupsaw, in 1910. Amazingly this shop stayed in business on Pennsylvania Ave. into the 1980s.
GM couldn’t determine when the Georgetown location closed. Obviously it was before 1978. Must have been quite the whipsaw to go from musty old antiques to Commander Salamander day-glow.