This week for Georgetown Time Machine, GM is checking out a photo of Georgetown Medical School when it was a lonely building. The photo is from June 30, 1931 and looks south across Reservoir Rd. to the building, with the rest of the campus in the background.
While Georgetown University created a medical school in 1851, the building seen here–the Medical-Dental Building–was opened literally days before this photo was taken. The present day hospital would follow 17 years later.
This photo also shows what the grounds of the former Hillandale estate looked like before it was turned into an unfortunately gated community in the 1970s.