Last week DC went live with a system to automatically track when people may have been exposed to individuals who test positive for Coronavirus. But it only works if people actually use it. The good news, though, is that if you follow these simple steps, you’ve done all you need to do.
The system works by sitting in the background and logging whenever you come near someone else using the system. If any of those people later test positive, you will get a notification.
Worried about how this affects privacy? Watch this:
There are two different sets of instructions, depending on whether you have an iPhone or an Android-based phone.
For Iphones do this:
- Open settings
- Go to Exposure Notifications (if you don’t see it, you may have older software, in which case follow these directions)
- Click to turn on Exposure Notifications
- Follow the instructions to complete setting it up (it’s just a couple clicks)
For Android you need to download an app:
- Download the DC CAN app from the Google Store.
- Follow this instructions from there
Either way, all it takes is a few minutes and you’re done. No need do anything else. And by doing this, you’ll be doing your part to fight against Covid and protect yourself and your loved ones to boot.