GM took his annual break in August, but news kept happening. Here (in no particular order) are some of the stories GM missed while out on RnR:
- There was a shooting at the Wawa on August 30th. Thankfully nobody was hurt and the shooter was taken into custody.
- Afghania, a restaurant from the family behind such fantastic spots as Bistro Aracosia, will open across from the Four Seasons.
- The huge house on R St. with the giant paper cup pool fountain has been sold.
- Some great new details on Stephen Starr’s italian concept coming to the old Dean and Deluca.
- The Banana Republic is going to close and be replaced by a yoga studio/retail store.
- The plans to restore the Washington Canoe Club boathouse.
- Reverie had a bad fire and will be rebuilt.
- Clubhouse replaced Church Hall and tried to institute an illegal age minimum.
- Georgetown Cupcake was temporarily shut down due to losing its business license.
- District Donut closed.
- L’avante Garde restaurant to finally fill long empty former Guards space.
Anything else that GM missed?