North east Georgetown (which was historically called Georgetown Heights) doesn’t get talked about a whole lot at ANC meetings. There aren’t any bars there. There are hardly any students. And those two issues alone account for a large percentage of most ANC discussions.
Well next meeting that changes. Northeast Georgetown is the subject of each one of the New Business items on the agenda (well, 4 out of 5 if you don’t count Rose Park as northeast Georgetown, which it isn’t quite).
Here’s what they are:
- The Hurt Home is on the agenda to discuss widening the curb cut to the alley. Some neighbors think this is essential since the alley itself will be widened. DDOT, however, has said widening the curb cut isn’t appropriate.
- The Friendly Estate was deemed to be vacant and blighted by the city, resulting in a gigantic tax bill. The new owner wants it reclassified back to occupied and not blighted. It’s not clear whether they will either: A) occupy it or B) make it not actually blighted, before they want the reclassification.
- Proposed changes to late night bus schedules for D2 and G2 (OK G2 isn’t really northeast Georgetown either). The ANC has successful prevented cutbacks in the past, but GM’s not sure they can do that now.
- 3029 Q St. apparently wants a curb cut, which both the ANC and DDOT has generally opposed.
- Rose Park Master Plan
And that’s all just the new business! MRP Realty will be back with modified plans for their overhaul of Washington Harbour. That long promised boutique hotel on 31st St. will present its first plans. And, as always, plenty more.
Here’s the draft agenda:
GOVERNMENT OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
Advisory Neighborhood Commission 2E
3265 S Street, NW • Washington, DC 20007
(202) 724-7098 • email@example.com • http://www.anc2e.com
ANC 2E Public Meeting
Monday, October 3, 2011
at 6:30 p.m.
We will be meeting this month at the Georgetown Visitation School, 35th and Volta Place, Heritage Room, first building on left by gatehouse, 2nd floor
Mayor Vincent C. Gray
has kindly accepted our invitation
to join us at this meeting
Approval of the Agenda
• Approval of October 3, 2011, ANC 2E Public Meeting Agenda
• Approval of August 29, 2011 Meeting Minutes
• Public Safety and Police Report
• Financial Report – Approval of FY 2012 Budget
• Transportation Report
• Public Works Report
• Taste of Georgetown – October 15, 2011, Georgetown BID
• 3050 R Street, NW, Hurt Home – widening of curb cut
• 1645 31st Street, NW, Friendly/Williams- Addison property – request by new owner to redesignate the tax class from “vacant” to “residential”
• Proposed adjustments to G2 and D2 Metrobus schedules
• Rose Park Phase II Masterplan – Friends of Rose Park
• 3029 Q Street, NW, Request for emergency hearing for application for curb cut
Zoning and Planning
• 1045 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, BZA Application No. 18285, Application for variance from the requirements of addition to non-conforming structure, building height, floor area ratio, lot occupancy and rear yard setback (Approximate hearing date Dec. 2011)
• 2805 M Street, NW, BZA Application No. 18252, change in application from “area” variance to “use” variance
Old Georgetown Board
LARGE-SCALE AND PUBLIC PROJECTS:
SMD 05, 3000-3050 K Street, NW, OG 11-284 (HPA 11-494), Mixed-use complex, Alterations to upper plaza, Permit
SMD 05, 3000 K Street, NW, OG 11-252 (HPA 11-433), Mixed-use complex, Alterations to lower plaza, Concept
SMD 05, 3000 K Street, NW, OG 11-283 (HPA 11-493), Mixed-use complex, Alterations to lower plaza, fountain, ice rink, storefronts, bars, Permit
1. SMD 03, 3254 O Street, NW, OG 11-162 (HPA 11-255), Residence, Addition of 2nd floor to garage off alley (theoretical subdivision) , Concept – revised design
2. SMD 05, 1050 31st Street, NW, OG 11-294 (HPA 11-503), Office building to hotel, Alterations, Concept
3. SMD 05, 2934 M Street, NW OG 11-263 (HPA 11-444), Commercial, Awning and sign for Vietnam Georgetown – existing, Permit
4. SMD 06, 1310 28th Street, NW, OG 11-287 (HPA 11-461), Residence, Alterations to rear, Concept
5. SMD 06, 1310 28th Street, NW, OG 11-288 (HPA 11-497), Residence, Alterations to rear, Concept
6. SMD 06, 1335 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, OG 11-267 (HPA 11-449), Commercial, Sign scheme and awning for Five Guys, Permit – revised design
No Review At This Time by ANC 2E: The following additional projects, which are on the upcoming October 6 agenda of the Old Georgetown Board, have not been added to the ANC meeting agenda for OGB-related design review and we do not propose to adopt a resolution on them at this time. If there are concerns about any of these projects, please contact the ANC office by Friday, September 30, 2010.
1. SMD 01, 1726 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, OG 11-157 (HPA 11-246), Retail, Awning and sign scheme for First Cash Jewelry and Loan, Concept / Permit – revised design
2. SMD 02, 3323 Reservoir Road, NW, OG 11-265 (HPA 11-447), Residence, Alterations to front stairs – existing, Permit
3. SMD 02, 1566 33rd Street, NW, OG 11-280 (HPA 11-490), Residence, Vinyl replacement windows – existing, Permit
4. SMD 03, 1513 33rd Street, NW, OG 11-285 (HPA 11-495), Residence, Alterations, dormers, partial demolition, Concept – revised design
5. SMD 03, 1321 35th Street, NW, OG 11-291 (HPA 11-500), Residence, Replacement windows, Permit
6. SMD 04, 3700 O Street, NW, OG 11-282 (HPO 11-492), Georgetown University – Athletic Training Facility, New construction, Concept – revised design
7. SMD 05, 3288 M Street, NW, OG 11-258 (HPA 11-439), Retail, Alterations to storefront, sign scheme for Pinkberry, Permit – revised design
8. SMD 05, 1045 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, OG 11-286 (HPA 11-496), Office, Alterations to façade, Permit
9. SMD 05, 3150 M Street, NW, OG 11-257 (HPA 11-438), Commercial, Sign scheme for Serendipity 3, Permit/concept
10. SMD 05, 3249 M Street, NW, OG 11-251 (HPA 11-431), Mixed-use: commercial / residential, 4-story rear addition, alterations to storefront, Concept – revised design
11. SMD 05, 3276 M Street, NW, OG 11-279 (HPA 11-489), Commercial, Alterations for metal flue – in progress, Permit
12. SMD 05, 3299 M Street, NW, OG 11-281 (HPA 11-491), Commercial, Alterations to fenestration, Concept
13. SMD 05, 1043 Cecil Place, NW, OG 11-277 (HPA 11-462), Residence, Replacement windows, Concept
14. SMD 05, 3300 Prospect Street, NW, OG 11-278 (HPA 11-487), Residence, Partial demolition of CMU wall, wood board fence – existing, Permit
15. SMD 06, 1423 28th Street, NW, OG 11-248 (HPA 11-427), Residence, Replacement stucco – in progress, Permit
16. SMD 06, 1235 31st Street, NW, OG 11-271 (HPA 11-453), Residence, Alterations to openings and new conservatory at third floor at rear, Concept – revised design
17. SMD 06, 2908 Dumbarton Street, NW, OG 11-235 (HPA 11-388), Residence, 2-story rear addition and third floor addition, Concept
18. SMD 06, 2921 Olive Street, NW, OG 11-290 (HPA 11-499), Residence, Metal post for front stairs, Permit – revised design
19. SMD 06, 1409 28th Street, NW, OG 11-293 (HPA 11-502), Residence, Replacement windows at rear, Permit
20. SMD 06, 1339 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, OG 11-295 (HPA 11-504), Bank, Replace cornice and brick on parapet, Permit
21. SMD 07, 1513 26th Street, NW, OG 11-259 (HPA 11-440), Residence, Remove chimney, standing seam metal roof, Permit / concept
22. SMD 07, 2723 Q Street, NW, OG 11-130 (HPA 11-205), Residence, Site alterations, new front porch, new window at side, alterations to garage, Permit
23. SMD 07, 2730 P Street, NW, OG 11-292 (HPA 11-501), Residence, Replacement windows and front door, Permit
36 October 2011 – 7:00 pm
Advisory Neighborhood Commission 2E
3265 S Street, NW
Washington, DC 20007
Join Mayor Gray’s One City • One Hire – 10,000 Jobs Campaign
“Putting District Residents Back to Work – One Hire at a Time”
You must be logged in to post a comment.