There will be a brief ANC meeting next week. It will be at a different time than normal. It will be at 5 pm on Wednesday (still at Visitation).
Typically the ANC skips August, and it appears the primary reason that a meeting is being called is to weigh in on some liquor licenses before the protest period ends. Specifically they’re addressing a new wine shop on Grace St., Church (a, you got it, church-themed restaurant coming to the mall by Geoff Dawson), and the Georgetown Cafe, a restaurant proposed for N St. just east of Wisconsin.
They are also discussion the safety issue of Water St., which is of particular concern following the homicide there last month.
There are no construction proposals on the agenda because the Old Georgetown Board doesn’t meet in August (which is why the ANC normally doesn’t hold an August meeting). So it’ll be short!
GOVERNMENT OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
Advisory Neighborhood Commission 2E
3265 S Street, NW • Washington, DC 20007
(202) 724-7098 • firstname.lastname@example.org • http://www.anc2e.com
ANC 2E Public Meeting
Wednesday, August 9th, 2017
at 5:00 p.m.
We will be meeting this month at the Georgetown Visitation School, 35th Street and
Volta Place NW, first building on left by gatehouse, in the Heritage Room on the 2nd floor.
Approval of the Agenda
• Approval of August 9th, 2017 ANC 2E Public Meeting Agenda
• Approval of the June 29th, 2017 Meeting Minutes
• Public Safety and Police Report
• Resolution Requesting Immediate Resources to Ensure Adequate Lighting and
Camera Coverage in the Area by 3500 Water Street NW
• Approval of the ANC’s FY 2017 Quarter 3 Financial Report
Alcoholic Beverage Control Board
• Application by The Wine Outlet for a New Retailer’s Class “B” License at 3210
Grace Street NW (ABRA-105815)
• Application by Church for a New Retailer’s Class “C” Restaurant License at 3222 M
Street NW (ABRA-106963)
• Resolution to Change the ANC’s Representative for the ANC’s Protest of Café
Georgetown’s Application for a New Retailer’s Class “D” Restaurant License at 3141
N Street NW (ABRA-106108)
Public Space Committee
• Public Space Application by the Georgetown BID to Install Tables, Chairs, and
Planters at 1046 Potomac Street NW (In the Street Next to Blue Bottle Café and
Behind Dean & DeLuca) (DDOT #208465)
• Update from the Mayor’s Office
• Update from Councilmember Jack Evans’ Office