This stretch is now home to the chic Cadey’s Alley, full over high priced furniture and homewares. But at the time the photo was taken, it was a far more down market stretch.
As for timing, the photo has no date, but based on the cars, GM places it in the mid to late 1950s. The white car at the center appears to be a 1954-56 Cadillac El Dorado.
As for noteworthy items consider the following. At the far left of the photo is an empty lot, which is now occupied for a late 20th century building containing Intermix. In the mid fifties it hosted Stohlman’s, a used car lot. Next door is a used furniture shop. It’s hard to pick out what the other shops are, but there appears to be a tailor and a general store.
There a spindly little tree in the photo right near the corner. It would be nice to think that that is the same mature Chinese elm that is there now, but it’s not likely.
One more thing to note: the sidewalks are concrete. This was common throughout Georgetown through much of the 20th century. All the brick sidewalks we have now are just recreations.