Tonight, wasting no time the ANC will meet for its first session of the new year. And it should be a good one!
Mark It Dude
The most interesting item on the agenda is the proposed bowling alley for the redeveloped Georgetown Park mall. This will be the first chance for the public to see first hand what Vornado has in mind for the bowling alley. And in a larger sense, this is the first time Vornado will have to come before the public to talk about the interior of the mall period (they’ve been to the ANC multiple times for proposed exterior changes).
So far GM hasn’t heard too much of a negative response to the bowling alley from Georgetowners. But the Georgetown Park condo dwellers might not be so sanguine. They have struggled to get any information at all out of Vornado and are probably not in the mood to trust Vornado that all sound issues will be addressed.
And who knows, maybe Vornado will finally open up on their other plans for the mall? (Actually, GM knows: they won’t.)
Moving a Bikeshare Station
As mentioned here back in December, some people are angry at DDOT for eliminating a few parking spots on Wisconsin Ave. south of the canal in order to relocate the Capital Bikeshare station there.
The ANC is scheduled to take this matter up tonight. Expect them to take a position asking DDOT to move the station somewhere else and restore the parking spots.
Tonight will be the first meeting of the two newly elected commissioners: Peter Prindiville and Craig Cassey (the later of which could possibly be the youngest openly gay elected official in the entire country). This will be the first time since 2002 that two students will serve as commissioners.
GM would love it if they didn’t end up as the secretary. The last three student commissioners served that role and it strikes GM as a bit unfair for the students to get pressured into that thankless role.
Here’s the rest of the agenda:
GOVERNMENT OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
Advisory Neighborhood Commission 2E
3265 S Street, NW • Washington, DC 20007
(202) 724-7098 • email@example.com • www.anc2e.com
ANC 2E Public Meeting
Wednesday, January 2, 2013
at 6:30 p.m.
We will be meeting this month at the Georgetown Visitation School, 35th and Volta Place, Heritage Room, first building on left by gatehouse, 2nd floor
Approval of the Agenda
• Approval of January 2, 2013, ANC 2E Public Meeting Agenda
• Election of ANC 2E officers for 2013
• Approval of December 3, 2012, Meeting Minutes
• Public Safety and Police Report
• Financial Report
• Transportation Report
• DPW Report
• 2013 ANC 2E Public Meeting Dates
• ANC Security Fund
• Areas of particular interest for ANC 2E commissioners for 2013
• Public meeting with DDOT for community ideas and input on parking in Georgetown and Burleith – Wednesday, January 16th at 6:30 p.m. at Hardy Middle School
• Relocation of Capital Bike Share station in the 1000 block of Wisconsin Avenue, NW
• 3222 M Street, NW, BZA Application No. 18486, Georgetown Park Holding I LLC, Application for a special exception to allow a bowling alley (Hearing date Tuesday, January 15, 2013)
• 3401 K Street, NW, Gypsy Sally’s Acoustic Tavern, LLC, License No. ABRA-090582, Application for license, further Voluntary Agreement issues
• 3251 Prospect Street, NW, Café Milano – request for extra hours during Inauguration week
• 3315 Cady’s Alley, Kafe Leopold – request for extra hours during Inauguration week
• 2807-2809 M Street, NW, Taj of India, ABRA-060065, application for substantial change to license (Petition Date Jan. 7, 2013, Hearing Date Jan. 22, 2013)
Old Georgetown Board
1. SMD 06, 1201 28th Street, NW, OG 13-027 (HPA 13-047) Commercial, Sign scheme for “DAS Ethiopian Restaurant” – existing, Permit
2. SMD 07, 1624 30th Street, NW, OG 13-018 (HPA 13-031) Residence, Retaining wall on public space – existing, Permit
3. SMD 07, 1645 31st Street, NW, OG 12-356 (HPA 12-591) Residence, Williams-Addison House, also known as Oak Crest and Friendly Estate, Fencing, swimming pool, paved terraces, Concept
4. SMD 07, 3019 Dent Place, NW, OG 13-056 (HPA 13-083) Residence, Replace rear screen porch with 2-story addition, Concept
5. SMD 02, 3270 S Street, NW, OG 13-039 (HPA 13-060) Commercial, Blade sign for “Anna Banana Arts and Crafts,” Permit
6. SMD 03, 3321 N Street, NW, OG 12-358 (HPA 12-593) Residence, Alterations, 1-story rear addition, Concept – revised design
7. SMD 03, 1424 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, OG 13-054 (HPA 13-081) Commercial, Alterations to storefront, Concept
8. SMD 04, 3700 O Street, NW, OG 13-050 (HPA 13-077) Georgetown University – New South Hall Student Center, Alterations and site work, Concept
9. SMD 05, 1025 Thomas Jefferson Street, NW, OG 13-057 (HPA 13-084) Office building, Alterations, Concept
10. SMD 05, 1066 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, OG 13-049 (HPA 13-076) Commercial, Alterations to storefront, sign scheme for “The Frye Company,” Concept
No Review At This Time by ANC 2E: The following additional projects, which are on the upcoming January 3, 2013, agenda of the Old Georgetown Board, have not been added to the ANC meeting agenda for OGB-related design review and we do not propose to adopt a resolution on them at this time. If there are concerns about any of these projects, please contact the ANC office by Friday, December 28, 2012.
1. SMD 02, 1668 34th Street, NW, OG 13-055 (HPA 13-082) Residence, Replacement windows, Permit
2. SMD 02, 3247 Q Street, NW, OG 13-058 (HPA 13-085) Office, Replacement windows and garage door, Permit – revised design
3. SMD 02, 3240 Q Street, NW, OG 13-059 (HPA 13-086) Residence, 2-story rear addition with basement, alterations, Permit
4. SMD 02, 3422 Q Street, NW, OG 13-047 (HPA 13-074) Residence, Replacement wood fence, Permit
5. SMD 02, 3424 Reservoir Road, NW, OG 13-023 (HPA 13-043) Residence, Replacement windows – existing, Permit
6. SMD 03, 1425 33rd Street, NW, OG 13-044 (HPA 13-071) Residence, Repairs to slate roof, replacement to match, Permit
7. SMD 03, 3245 N Street, NW, OG 13-045 (HPA 13-072) Residence, New entry door – existing, Permit – revision to permit
8. SMD 03, 3327 O Street, NW, OG 13-052 (HPA 13-079) Residence, Alterations to driveway gate off rear alley, Concept
9. SMD 03, 3122 P Street, NW, OG 13-053 (HPA 13-080) Residence, Alterations to side porch for new ramp, Permit
10. SMD 05, 3101 M Street, NW, OG 12-308 (HPA 12-522) Commercial / office, Replacement windows, Permit
11. SMD 05, 3222 M Street, NW, OG 13-031 (HPA 13-051) Georgetown Park, Alterations to storefront, Permit
12. SMD 05, 1055 Thomas Jefferson Street, NW, OG 13-043 (HPA 13-070) The Foundry, Partial demolition and reconstruction for structural investigation of wall failure, Permit
13. SMD 05, 1079 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, OG 13-021 (HPA 13-039) Commercial, Alterations to storefront, sign scheme, Concept – revised design
14. SMD 06, 1220 29th Street, NW, OG 13-048 (HPA 13-075) Residence, Replacement windows, Permit
15. SMD 06, 3035 West Lane Keys, NW, OG 13-051 (HPA 13-078) Residence, Addition of front dormer, Permit
16. SMD 07, 3247 R Street, NW, OG 13-035 (HPA 13-055) Residence, Raze existing structure at rear, new building at rear, Permit
17. SMD 07, 2913 Q Street, NW, OG 13-046 (HPA 13-073) Residence, Exposed mechanical duct-work on roof, Permit – revised design
18. SMD 07, 1673 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, OG 12-345 (HPA 12-579) Commercial, Sign scheme for “Meridian Health & Relaxation” – existing, Permit – revised design
27 December 2012 12:00 pm